1. Information We Collect
Where We Collect It From. We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order products;
Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
Our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
What We Collect. The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
Demographic information, such as highest level of education
Automatic Collection. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
Statistical Information. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect We may use information we obtain about you:
To determine your admissibility, eligibility for government and private financial aid, grants or loans and to register you for your selected educational programs;
To contact you regarding your status with Joyce University;
To provide requested products and services;
To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support;
For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you;
For fostering communication and collaboration among members of your Joyce University community through social networks;
To analyze how the Site is being accessed and used;
For investigation of information security and information asset protection-related incidents;
To test, correct and improve our content, applications and services;
To develop new applications, products and services;
To improve Site and service performance and delivery;
To prevent potentially illegal activities;
To investigate suspicious information that denotes illegal activity such as financial aid fraud
To analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences;
To analyze risk and business results;
To obtain payment for services that we provide to you;
To provide you with information concerning arrangements and other options for the repayment of funds loaned to you for your education;
To maintain educational and business records for reasonable periods;
To enforce our terms of service; and
As may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit or security requirements, including, but not limited to search warrants, subpoenas, discovery requests and court orders.
Other Uses. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
5. Disclosure of Information Who We Disclose To. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of any third party;
To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures; and
With your consent.
6. Data Security. We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls and passwords. In addition, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers. Please note, however, that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
7. Your Choices. We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our offerings, you can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
SMS Text Messaging
If you opt-in to our SMS Text Messaging Program, we may use your personal information to communicate with you via SMS text message for various reasons, including, but not limited to, notifying you of promotions and offers, and providing you with updates on new program and course offerings. You may opt-out at any time by replying “STOP” to any message.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
8. Children Under the Age of 13. The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
10. Data Transfers. We are based in the State of Utah in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.